UFO Challenge 2022
Do you have a UFO (Un-Finished Object)?
In this case it would be a quilt started in the past that is sitting unfinished around the house and weighing on your mind. You know the one. The little quilt for the newborn that is now a toddler; the quilt for the high school graduate who is now a college senior; the wedding quilt for the couple now expecting number 3. Excitement was the order of the day when you started, but maybe it wasn’t going smoothly or you didn’t like the color, or perhaps life just got in the way. Well, it is time to get the project out and get it done. Set yourself up for success by pledging a penalty to be paid to the guild if you don’t finish it between the end of the year (Dec. 31, 2022 to be exact).
You must designate a particular UFO project to finish and how much $$ you are willing to forfeit to the guild if not finished this year.
• Quilt must be started (material cut, pattern selected, sewing started and in some form of unfinished)
• Quilt can be any size
• Quilt must be finished (quilted and bound) by Dec. 31, 2022
• Quilt must be presented by January meeting 2023 or you must (honor system in play here) pay the penalty.
• You can do more than one challenge
• Peace of mind for finishing
• Certificate of Completion
• Admiration from QGA members
• More space in your sewing room for other projects
Turn in the form below once you have a project (or 2) pick out to finish up. Cut below and turn into membership chair, treasurer or GQA President.